Nothing to do with Linux, but I’l bet there are others wondering how to do this.
The manual supplied with the phone does NOT tell you, nor is the information anywhere on the net. This information was obtained via an email to Tracfone Customer Support.
Original Message Follows:
Hi I have an LG500 phone. I like it, but the manual is….well lacking. I have the following 3 questions:
1. How do I enable the speaker phone on this phone?. The manual does NOT say, nor is it obvious.
2. How do I change the pin number?
3. This says I can add applications to the phone?
What and where do I get them? Cost, how to? etc. I don’t mind reading the manual, it’s just the manual supplied does NOT give you much information.
Thank you for your interest in TracFone Wireless. We are responding to your recent inquiry.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with this issue.
Please follow the steps below to turn on the speaker phone:
1. Once you answer or place a call, press the key located in the center of the navigation keys. “Speaker on” will display.
2. To turn it off, press the key in the center of the navigation keys again. “Speaker off” will display.
3. To return to the main screen, press the PWR/END key.
Please follow the steps to change the PIN:
What you want is: Security Code NOT Pin Number.
DO not TRY THIS. RESULTED IN A LOCKED PHONE. PIN BLOCKED. ENTER PUK Code.
To get the PUK you will need to call Tracfone Customer Service: (800) 867-7183
Information removed, for your protection! (Did I just say that?)
For us to better assist you in downloading applications for your phone, please contact our Sales Support Department at 1-800-323-2366. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 10:45 PM EST. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you for being a TracFone Wireless customer. We appreciate your business.